Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sunday 2/4/07

Blogsters-sorry for the dearth of blogs. There hasn't been too much dramatic or semi-dramatic going on, just the usual improvement. Watching this recovery process can be quite perplexing at times. Think of the total of our cognitive skills as columns.
When we are children, they rise evenly and together.
A brain-injured person's columns rise unevenly, some very unevenly, leading to some quaint utterances. But those are coming fewer and farther between every day. We are still fighting "The Man" and his allies, all those incompetant or lazy or apathetic people we are forced to rely on to get through this labrynth. I never realized how many there are!! Sprinkled among all the dopes, though, are a few individuals that have gone so far beyond what we expected that I have actually been dumbstruck a few times. When Steve finished his fall and landed in the road, he was found by two bicyclists who were visiting their parents. They had to catch a plane early next a.m., so we never got to meet them, but their parents came that evening. They were twice removed from the situation, didn't even know Steve's name, yet still came, and they came back a week later.

8 comments:

Josh said...

Steve, I check everyday to see how u are. Keep going strong.

God Bless,
Josh Wamsley

Jason said...

Steve, even when we were roommates I knew God had something special for you. I am glad it was far beyond what I had anticipated.

It appears that God has already used you and your mom as quite a witness in that hospital.

I am excited to read and hear about how you will teach people about the love and power of our great Lord Jesus.

Can't wait to visit your crib in heaven. Shouldn't be hard to locate!

Kim Copeland Bader said...

Steve,

All of us in UGP just heard about your situation...we are rooting for you and keeping you in our prayers. We can't wait to hear more positive updates!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Man, what an incredible journey. I am praying for full recovery! Remember those times when we were up the mountain skiing or hiking or climbing Long's Peak? Those were the days. I'd like to see you come back to Colorado Springs, there's more mountains to climb, more places to see, most definitely an adventure to live!

Praying for you bro,
Nelson

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve-o,

I check-in each day to see how my favorite former advisee is doing. I miss the days when I would make you go get me a diet coke! Well maybe I need to bring you a diet coke in Cincy!

I'm thinking of you and sending you strength and many prayers!

Trish

Anonymous said...

Ole Schmito,

You are a constant inspiration to me. I am excited to see God's plan revealed in your life in the coming months and years. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

J. Mulford

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,
We are praying that things keep going well for you and that each day brings you closer to your goal. Keep your head up and be strong, God never gives you more then you can handle, good luck buddy! Hopefully you can grace us with your presence back at Undergrad Business Programs soon enough!

Dylan

Unknown said...

Hi Steve & Family,

We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers everyday! Keep strong and stay Steve-ish!!

Your Columbus Mom,
Jill